Skip to main content

18 - Good, Bad, Ugly, or Pretty?

Collinsworth 1
Levi Collinsworth
Collinsworth Independent
30 January 2018

So I've just turned 18, but what are the advantages? Disadvantages? Inconveniences vs. Conveniences? Well, I've just gone Googling this a lot, and as it turns out, there really aren't that many reasons that it is nice to be 18. There are reasons that it's annoying, in more plenty.

Advantages:
*I can now legally buy and sell stock.
*I can authoritatively sign my own forms for field trips, should those come up at any point (the school's budget has fallen flat on it's face).
*I can rent an apartment, if I ever have the money.

Disadvantages:
*If I ever get into legal trouble, I'm on my own and tried as an adult
*I'll have to start doing my own accounting, and have a W-2 to complete on a yearly basis.
*There will be paperwork everywhere.
*Metro rides cost more.

I honestly have never been sure if I'd survive to 18. Nature's a tough son of a bitch, and puts every species through as many illnesses as possible in an attempt to skim for those with talents and abilities to fight. If you pass every test throughout life, one will still await you: Alzheimer's Syndrome. You will forget the easiest things, and some of the hardest things. The disease robs you of all of your memories.

Anyways, I'm super-tired, and this is not the time to write an article. I apologize right here for any lack of quality or consistency in the article, I'll look over it in the morning and maybe revise it. For now, it'll be a direct publication. 

See you all later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An embed of my Twitter account!

This might seem like a rather boring post, but this is an embed of my Twitter account with a prefill of text so that you can let me know that you visited my site, and I will know that I at least even have just 1 viewer/visitor. Even this will keep me running this site. If I don't receive any visitors whatsoever, or at least anybody informing that I have viewers, I will quite literally eventually take down this page and put a completely different service in it's place. Maybe a Minecraft Server, maybe a Social Networking page or forum... who knows? Tweet to @LeviSoftware

A Train of Thought

I have got to stop formatting these in proper MLA. It makes everything look weird, as some previous posts will show you. As I should proceed to say, I've been facing a strange anomaly lately, which is that I have plenty of time to do plenty of things, but yet I struggle to find time to do things when I come up with things to do. The entire situation is near driving me mad. As I am writing this, it is 3:22 PM on Saturday. Where did Friday go? There are only 8 1/2 hours of Saturday remaining! I get paid on Thursday for my two days of work in February, yet the very thing I would like is something that I cannot seem to find. I will need to eventually change which case I am using to contain my PC, because my current case does not even support the 360mm radiator with which I am currently cooling my CPU. The radiator is laying across the top of the case, secured only by zip ties and rubber bands. It is an atrocity, and an insult to the PC Master Race. Console Peasants approach me and